Closet...
...اینجا می‌نویسم برای اینکه یادم بمونه... تا راحت‌تر فراموش کنم
Wednesday, March 02, 2011
My laptop is dying. I don't want to get sentimental but I believe it deserves to be remembered...

I bought it, a Dell Latitude D820, about 5 years ago in Spring 2006 when I got sure that I am going to go abroad for graduate school. On that time it was a powerful laptop/desktop replacement; the tool you have to take with you if you are going to the computation/simulation field of study.
I really appreciated it's Intel Core™2 Duo processor which allowed me to run two instances of my single thread codes simultaneously. Its 16:10 wide display was ideal for displaying coding environment and its keyboard/touch-pad was quite comfortable. Even though It was heavy, it was worth the weight.
Well, I am still stunned that it survived two years of constant heavy runs and downloading while I was doing my masters. That was the reason I didn't even think about getting a new laptop while I came here. Overall I am very pleased that it accompanied me halfway through my PhD.
Sadly, something faulted yesterday while I wasn't home and it got over heated. As a result the graphic card is not working properly anymore. I cleaned the cooling aperture in hope of its return but it didn't work. Also I checked the option of replacing the graphic card but it requires changing the whole mainboard. So, today I reluctantly ordered its replacement. It was hard to find something comparable...

So, my old friend, it's time to let your bits and bytes relax,
Rest in peace.

Labels: , ,